Scattered documentation. Friction between having questions and being able to find answers. Answers weren’t contextual – didn’t provide meaning behind why things are done a certain way. No way to communicate change in real-time.
Spekit consolidated training for MCTLaw across the org, providing a single source of truth for answers, accessible directly within an employee’s workflow and contextually relevant – saving significant and reducing the friction to learning.
We sat down to chat with Walt Bower, the IT Director at MCTLaw to learn more about how he discovered Spekit and how they use the platform. Here’s what he said:
“When you think of Salesforce customers, you rarely think of Law Firms. But, for our firm, we use technology far more than anybody else. In fact, technology takes a front seat for us. We’re always looking for new ways to better track, automate and boost productivity and technology plays a key role in our ability to do that.”
I was at Dreamforce in 2018, taking in the sessions and absorbing everything I could on different products and vendors. I came across the Spekit booth and immediately thought, “oh, this is something I’ve been looking for for years!”
“See at the time, we had documentation, training and knowledge spread across tools like Zendesk and Google Docs. The biggest challenge was the friction between people having questions arise and actually having to go dig into these tools for answers. So, more often than not, they would simply email us with question after question.
Our managing partner had this dream to solve for this challenge with Salesforce’s Help Bubbles, but after trying to implement a few of those, we realized they had the same amount of friction. Our team would still need to click through these additional tabs for answers. It was intrusive, difficult to set up and maintain and still required multiple clicks to uncover information.
Chatting with the Spekit team at their booth, we totally nerded out on being able to document knowledge, key processes and information in a way that was contextual and felt like a natural part of our team’s workflow.”
“The biggest benefits since implementation have been:
- A LOT of time saved. Now, the minute somebody wonders, “Hey, what’s this field?” they don’t have to search anywhere.
- With a single click, the information is there, contextually, or instantly searchable. No more emailing us questions, no more hunting for information or wasted time clicking through tabs for answers.
- Information is contextual. For example, not only do we define a new field, but they learn why that field is important and the process involved. Everything has more meaning.
- We can work collaboratively on content. Instead of just one person managing documentation and training, I can easily assign subject-matter-experts so that my colleagues are all able to help and contribute.
- Real-time notifications for updates are a game-changer. We make a lot of changes. Instead of bombarding our team with emails, we can send simple notifications any time something new is introduced. It’s been especially helpful as we’ve gone remote over these last few weeks. We can’t easily gather together for announcements anymore so being able to communicate through notifications has made things much easier.”
“Ultimately though, my favorite “feature” is the support and responsiveness. Your product is only as good as the people behind it. We’ve dealt with a lot of products and services where you give recommendations and they don’t do anything about it. Working with the Spekit team, they take feedback, implement it and make the platform that much better.
I’d recommend Spekit to any company, in any industry, who want a simple but impactful way to provide meaning and context behind your training and documentation.”