LinkedIn Sales Navigator Getting Started Guide
Help your team get started with LinkedIn Sales Navigator with a free, customizable Getting Started guide. Maximize rep efficiency by surfacing content directly in LinkedIn. Schedule a demo here.
1. What is LinkedIn Sales Navigator all about?
LinkedIn Sales Navigator is all about helping you become a true Modern Seller!
It gives you the tools to target better, understand and ultimately engage with prospects in today’s very virtual selling environment.
Social selling has transformed the sales landscape, making connecting with prospects and discovering leads organically easier than ever.
Using LinkedIn Sales Navigator you can supercharge your selling motion by:
- Creating targeted searches
- Automating your lead generation process
- Gain powerful sales insights, and
- Access connections to more people
2. How do I access Sales Navigator?
NOTE: If you’re assigned to multiple Sales Navigator accounts, you’ll be prompted to select an account.
When you’re first assigned a seat in Sales Navigator, you’ll receive an invitation via email with a link to the Sales Navigator login screen. The first time you log in, you’ll be prompted to complete the onboarding process.
After that, you can sign in to your Sales Navigator account at any time from the login page. You’ll be prompted to enter your email address and password. Keep in mind that you’ll use the same email address and password that’s registered to your LinkedIn account.
If you’re already signed in to your LinkedIn account, you won’t be prompted to enter your email address or password again.
To access Sales Navigator from the LinkedIn homepage:
- Click 🧭 Sales Navigator in the top right corner of your LinkedIn.com homepage.
- If you don’t see the Sales Navigator icon, click the Work icon and select Sales Navigator from the menu that appears.
- Enter the email address and password you use to access your personal LinkedIn.com account.
- Click Sign In.
- Once you’re signed in, the first screen you’ll see is the Sales Navigator homepage which opens in a separate window.
3. What happens when I first login to LinkedIn Sales Navigator?
The first time you log in to use LinkedIn Sales Navigator, you’ll be taken through onboarding to help tailor LinkedIn Sales Navigator to your needs.
LinkedIn will use the information you submit during onboarding to provide you with relevant lead recommendations and sales updates.
When you’re first assigned a seat in Sales Navigator, you’ll receive an invitation via email with a link to the Sales Navigator login screen:
- If you don’t currently have a LinkedIn.com account, you’ll be guided through the process of creating one. After your LinkedIn.com account has been created, you’ll be able to associate your Sales Navigator email address (if it’s different) with your LinkedIn.com account.
- If you already have a LinkedIn.com account, but the email address used to assign your seat in Sales Navigator is different than the one on your LinkedIn account, you’ll be prompted to associate your Sales Navigator email address with your LinkedIn.com account.
- If you already have a Sales Navigator account, you may see a chooser page to select the appropriate contract (you may be a member of multiple Sales Navigator accounts).
You’ll be prompted to complete the onboarding process which requires you to do the following:
- Identify the sales territories you target (optional)
- Identify the industries you target
- Identify the company size you target
- Identify the functions you target
- Select at least three companies to target as accounts
- Create lead recommendations (for Sales Navigator Professional and Sales Navigator Team)
Linkedin will also provide suggestions so you can save three or more accounts to receive custom insights and recommendations.
After you make these selections during onboarding, Sales Navigator will deliver real-time updates and news on your leads and accounts to give you relevant reasons to reach out.
For customers with Sales Navigator Professional or Sales Navigator Team, the information provided during onboarding is also used to help create lead recommendations.
After onboarding, you can always update the geographies, industries, functions, and company size you target by from your Sales Navigator settings page.
Access content directly in LinkedIn Sales Navigator
All this content (and more) is available to import and surface in your own LinkedIn instance with Spekit. Give employees the bite-sized training, documentation, and knowledge they need – where and when they need it.
3. How do I change the preferences that deliver me sales recommendations in LinkedIn Sales Navigator?
LinkedIn Sales Navigator filters are preferences and criteria you set for Sales Navigator to help you access leads and accounts of your choice, based on region, industry, function, seniority level, etc. You can select multiple preferences and Sales Navigator will filter and surface lead recommendations based on your interests.
To update to your lead and account filters:
- Click All filters to the right of the leads and accounts search bar at the top of your Sales Navigator homepage.
- In the Filter your search box that appears, choose between the Lead filter and Account filter tabs. Then type in or select the filters you’d like.
- TIME SAVING TIP: You can type in keywords and filter your lead and account search based on Geography, Industry, Seniority, Company headcount, CRM contacts or accounts, etc.
- You can toggle the switch on to Apply your sales preferences, and your sales filters will be saved. Then click Search.
- TIME SAVING TIP: After you apply your search preferences, click All filters to view the search filter box with all your saved filters.
- From the lead/account search results list that populates, click Save to save a lead/account.
- To remove a saved sales preference, click X next to the filter item.
Ready to customize this training content and surface it within your own LinkedIn instance? Chat with Spekit today!
Customizable training content for busy teams
No time to create content for tools like Outreach and Salesforce? Let Spekit take the hassle out of creating training content for tool rollouts. We offer customizable training templates you can import, customize, and immediately use today.
Outreach – Training Manual
Everything you need to know to get started in Outreach.io. Customize this content and surface it within your own Outreach instance.
Salesforce Classic Training Manual
Train your team with everything they need to know to leverage Salesforce Classic.
Save time creating end-user training and maximize adoption of the Nonprofit Success Pack in Salesforce with out-of-the-box NPSP training content that surfaces in-app, exactly where your users need it.
Salesforce CPQ Training Manual
Customize CPQ training content and surface that training directly within Salesforce CPQ.
Salesforce Financial Services Cloud
Train, enable and empower your team in Financial Services Cloud – from anywhere. Customize out-of-the-box Financial Services Cloud training content and surface that training in-app, exactly where your users need it.
LinkedIn Sales Navigator
Help your team get the most out of LinkedIn Sales Navigator with free, customizable training.