Mixmax Getting Started Content Template
Customize this training to give your sales reps the help they need directly in Mixmax – or any tool your reps are using. Visit spekit.com to learn more!
1. Getting Started with Mixmax
This topic will provide some basic knowledge, strategies, and common best practices for starting out with Mixmax.
It’s all here:
- What is Mixmax?
- Installing Mixmax
- Import your Gmail signature into Mixmax
- Create or edit an email signature in Mixmax
- Overview of Sidebar
- How to use Sidechat?
2. What is Mixmax?
Mixmax is a comprehensive productivity and communication platform designed to enhance email and streamline workflow for individuals and teams. It offers a range of features and integrations to help users optimize their email experience.
At its core, Mixmax is an email client that works with popular email providers such as Gmail and Outlook. It extends the functionality of these clients by introducing advanced features and tools.
Key features offered by Mixmax include
- Email Tracking
- Polls and Surveys
- Calendar Integration
- Collaborative Features
In addition to these features, Mixmax provides analytics and reporting capabilities to track email performance, team usage, and other metrics.
Overall, Mixmax aims to streamline email communication, increase productivity, and provide users with tools to better manage their inbox and optimize their workflow.
3. Installing Mixmax
To install and use Mixmax, follow these instructions:
- Install the Mixmax Chrome extension using the email address you used for Mixmax sign up.Link to the Chrome extension.
- Click Add to Chrome.
- A window will appear and you will be prompted to add extension to Chrome, click Add Extension.
4. Your window will refresh and Mixmax will now appear in your Gmail!
4. Import your Gmail signature into Mixmax
To set up your Mixmax signature in Gmail, follow these steps:
- Open your Gmail settings by clicking the gear icon in the top right corner and selecting See all settings.
- Scroll down to the Signature section located towards the bottom of the page.
- Click Import Signatures to Mixmax to complete the process.
You could have accessed this content directly within Mixmax.
All this content (and more) is available to import and surface in your own Mixmax instance with Spekit. Give employees the bite-sized training, documentation, and knowledge they need – where and when they need it.
5. Create or edit an email signature in Mixmax
To create or edit your email signature in Mixmax, follow these steps:
- Click the Mixmax logo in the top right corner of Gmail to open the Mixmax web app.
- Go to Settings and click on Signatures
- You can create a signature for each email alias used with Mixmax.
- Customize your signature by adding images, videos, links, and social badges.
- Social badges are images that link to your social media profiles like LinkedIn, Twitter, GitHub, or Instagram. You can add badges horizontally by using the Add badge button.
- When replying to an email, you have the option to place your signature above the quoted text by checking the box for Place signature above quoted text.
- Click Save to save your changes, and you’re all set!
6. Overview of Sidebar
With Sidechat, you can collaborate seamlessly with your team on customer conversations directly within email, ensuring you have the complete context.
Here’s what Sidechat offers:
- Progress customer conversations efficiently, receive instant feedback, and expedite deal closures and renewals by keeping everyone in the loop.
- If you manage a team, stay on top of all customer conversations and provide targeted coaching and real-time feedback.
- To initiate collaboration, simply @-mention your colleagues in Sidechat or use the ‘collaborator’ button to add them instantly.
7. How to use Sidechat?
- You can access Sidechat through the Mixmax sidebar.
- When you’re in the Gmail Inbox view, the Sidechat tab shows a list of conversations where you’ve been added as a collaborator. Clicking on a conversation opens Sidechat and takes you to the related email thread.
- In Gmail, when you open an email, the corresponding thread automatically opens in the Sidechat tab.
- Email threads without an active Sidechat display an empty grey chat bubble. Clicking the chat bubble icon allows you to create a new Sidechat and add collaborators.
- Email threads with an active Sidechat but no new messages display a filled, grey chat bubble. Clicking the chat bubble icon opens the existing Sidechat conversation.
- Email threads with new Sidechat messages show a notification with the number of unread messages. Additionally, a New Sidechats banner appears at the top of your inbox.
- Clicking the chat bubble icon lets you view the new messages in the Sidechat conversation, or click the New Sidechats banner to access your conversation list.
Ready to customize and surface this training content within your Mixmax instance? Chat with Spekit today!