Last Updated: June 1, 2022
1. Collection of Personal Data
We collect Personal Data necessary to operate, maintain and provide you the features and functionality of the Services, to analyze how the Services are used, diagnose service or technical problems, maintain security, personalize content, remember information to help you efficiently access your account, monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns, and track Content and users as necessary to comply with our legal obligations. “Content” refers to information, messages, text and other data which is collected, stored, surfaced, and shared through the use of the Services.
Your Personal Data is collected when you install, access, or use the Services, and when you otherwise interact with the Services.
Personal Data We collect falls into the following categories:
- Identifying information and civil status
- Information about your company and current position
- Login information
- Location information
- Internet or other similar network activity information
We do not collect any special categories of Personal Data about you (such as details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do We collect any information about criminal convictions and offenses.
Data You Provide to Spekit
We collect Personal Data you provide directly to Spekit, in particular when you complete a data collection form.
For example, We collect Personal Data when you create an account, use the Services, participate in a contest or promotion, request customer support or otherwise communicate with Spekit.
The Personal Data may include the following data as well as any other type of information that We specifically request you to provide to Spekit through collection forms, such as:
- Email address
- Postal address
- Phone number
- Information about your company and current position
Data We Collect Automatically
When you access or use the Services, We automatically collect the following data about you:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to the Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access the Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Location Information: We may with your consent collect information about the location of your device each time you access or use the Services. If you initially consent to Spekit’s collection of location information, you may be able to subsequently stop the collection through your device operating system settings. You may also stop the collection of location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove any of Our applications from your device.
- Connected Salesforce instance and user information: In order to use the Services you may be required to connect to a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system (e.g. Salesforce), in which event Spekit is given permission to access the CRM system in order to provide the Services.
- Essential Cookies. Essential Cookies are required for providing you with features or services that you have requested. For example, certain Cookies enable you to log into secure areas of Our Services. Disabling these Cookies may make certain features and services unavailable.
- Functional Cookies. Functional Cookies are used to record your choices and settings regarding Our Services, maintain your preferences over time and recognize you when you return to Our Services. These Cookies help Us to personalize Our content for you, greet you by name, and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Behavioral Advertising/Third Party Cookies. Behavioral Advertising/Third Party Cookies are used to provide tailored advertising to you when you subsequently visit other websites.
You can decide whether or not to accept Cookies through your internet browser’s settings. Most browsers have an option for turning off the Cookie feature, which will prevent your browser from accepting new Cookies, as well as (depending on the sophistication of your browser software) allow you to decide on acceptance of each new Cookie in a variety of ways. You can also delete all Cookies that are already on your computer. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit the Services and some of the Services and functionalities may not work.
Data We Collect From Other Sources
In order to enhance Our ability to provide relevant marketing, offers, and Services to you, and update Our records, We may obtain information about you from other sources. We may combine such information with other information We have collected about you. This helps Us to update, expand and analyze Our records, identify new customers, and create more tailored advertising to provide offers and services that may be of interest to you. These sources may include public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms, as well as other third-party sources. As an example, if you participate in a Spekit Referral program, We may collect information related to you and/or your referral.
Additionally, Spekit may receive information about you from other third parties whom you have authorized to share your information or who collect information in connection with co-branded offerings.
2. How We Use Your Personal Data
Each data processing operation is performed on one of the following basises:
- Your consent
- The performance of the Service pursuant to a contract
- The legitimate interests pursued by Spekit or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by your interests or your fundamental right and freedoms
Our legitimate interests include::
- Providing, maintaining and improving the Services
- Providing and delivering the Services you request, processing transactions and sending you related information, including confirmations and invoices
- Sending you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages
- Responding to your comments, questions and requests and providing customer service and support
- Identifying customer opportunities to the extent that it is in our legitimate interest to ensure we are meeting our customer’s demands and user experiences
- Communicating with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Spekit and others, to the extent necessary for our legitimate business interest to market our Services
- Monitoring and analyzing trends, usage and activities in connection with the Services
- Personalizing and improving the Services and providing advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests
- Processing and delivering contest entries and rewards
- Linking or combining with information We receive from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service
- Complying with public and government authorities, courts or regulators in accordance with our legal obligations under applicable laws to the extent this requires the processing or disclosure of Personal Data to protect our rights or if necessary for our legitimate interest in protecting against misuse or abuse of our Services, pursuing remedies available to us, and complying with judicial proceedings or responding to lawful requests
- As necessary for general business administration, such as but not limited to, accounting, recordkeeping, and legal functions to meet our business obligations
- Carrying out any other purpose for which the information was collected, and which is necessarily contemplated by the collection of such information or is otherwise explicitly mentioned in the process of collection
Regarding promotional or sales communications, you may opt out of receiving promotional or sales communications from Spekit by following the instructions provided in those communications or by sending an email to email@example.com.
3. How We Share Your Personal Data
The following persons may receive the Personal Data that We collect:
- Our subsidiaries
- Our sub-processors
- Our trading partners
We use sub-processors to assist in providing the Services. By using the Services, You consent to Spekit engaging its current sub-processors as detailed below:
|Subprocessor||Purpose of Processing||Location|
|AWS||Infrastructure hosting||United States|
|Segment||Data stream||United States|
|Amplitude||Data analytics||United States|
|Woopra||Data analytics||United States|
|Drift chat||Support chat service||United States|
|Appcues||Customer-facing onboarding||United States|
|Stitch||ETL service||United States|
|Tableau||Data analytics and BI||United States|
|Catalyst||Data analytics and BI||United States|
|Sendgrid||Transactional and campaign emails||United States|
|Sentry||Error tracking||United States|
|Hubspot||Marketing and sales platform||United States|
|Datadog||Logging, monitoring and security||United States|
|Databricks||Data analytics and BI||United States|
|Salesforce||Customer relationship management||United States|
|Canny||Customer feedback||United States|
|Outreach||Sales engagements||United States|
|Zendesk||Internal/External Support||United States|
|Slack||Chat communication||United States|
|Clari||Revenue operations platform||United States|
|JIRA||Status of issues internally||United States|
|Chorus||Call Recording||United States|
|UserGems||Data sanitation and consistency||United States|
|Virtual Sales||United States|
- With vendors, consultants, and other service providers who need access to that information to carry out work on Our behalf
- In connection with a joint marketing campaign, seminar, Spekit product offering or other product or service offered by Spekit in conjunction with a third party, We may share your information with any third parties participating in such offering and such parties may use this information for their direct marketing purposes
- In response to a request for information if We are required by, or believe disclosure is required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process, including in connection with lawful requests by law enforcement, national security, or other public authorities
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another company
- With your consent or at your direction, including if We notify you through the Services that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
4. Integrations with Third-Parties
Our Services include features that allow users to integrate with various third-party applications and content vendors. Integrations may include features that pull and/or push Personal Data from or to the Services offered by Spekit. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with third-party applications, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these applications and/or content.
5. Data Retention
We retain Personal Data collected from you where We have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When We have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your Personal Data, We will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your Personal Data has been stored in backup archives), then We will securely store your Personal Data and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
6. Data Transfer
Personal Data that you provide while in the EU or an EAA member state will be transferred to the United States. Such a transfer is permissible when necessary for the performance of a contract between you and Spekit, if Spekit obtains your explicit consent to such transfer, or if it is in Spekit’s legitimate interest to transfer the Personal Data. The laws in the United States may not be as protective of your privacy as those in your location. If We transfer Personal Data from the EU, We will provide an appropriate safeguard such as binding corporate rules, standard data protection clauses, or your consent.
We are committed to taking appropriate measures designed to keep your Personal Data secure. Our technical, administrative and physical procedures are designed to protect Personal Data from loss, theft, misuse and accidental, unlawful or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, use and destruction. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the data submitted to Us, both during transmission and once it is received. If you have any questions about the security of your data, you can contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Data Subject Rights
If you are an individual in a country in the EU or the UK, you have the right to make requests to:
- Access your Personal Data
- Rectify inaccurate Personal Data
- Place restrictions on Our use of your Personal Data
- Object to Our use of your Personal Data
- Ask Us to delete your Personal Data
- Have your Personal Data transferred, and
- Make a complaint to the relevant supervising authority
These rights are described below.
Right to Access – You have the right to know and access the Personal Data We collect, use, disclose, and sell about you. This may include the right to receive your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
Right to Rectification – You have the right to ask Us to rectify any inaccurate Personal Data about you and to have incomplete Personal Data completed.
Right to Restrict – You have the right to ask Us to place a restriction on Our use of your Personal Data if one of the following applies to you:
- You contest the accuracy of the data that We hold about you, while We verify its accuracy
- We have used your Personal Data unlawfully, but you request Us to restrict its use instead of erasing it
- We no longer need the data for the purpose for which We collected it, but you need it to deal with a legal claim, or
- You have objected to Us using your data, while We check whether Our legitimate grounds override your right to object
Right to Object – You have the right to object to Our use of your Personal Data where Our reason for using it is based on our legitimate interests or your consent (rather than when the reason for using it is to perform an obligation due to you under a contract with Us). This may include the right to opt-out of having your Personal Data sold.
Right to Deletion – You have the right to request that We delete any Personal Data collected from you or maintain about you. We may save Personal Data when permitted by applicable law including, without limitation, when the data is needed for a legal purpose.
Right to Transfer – You may request that We transfer some of the Personal Data you have provided to you or another service provider in electronic copy.
You may exercise your rights by contacting Us in writing, with a proof of your identity, at the address provided in the “Contact Us” section below.
Spekit will not discriminate against those who exercise their rights. Specifically, if you exercise your Rights, We will not deny you goods or Services, charge you different prices or rates for goods or Services or provide you a different level or quality of goods or Services.
If you have any concerns or complaints regarding Our processing of your Personal Data, please contact Us as described in the “Contact Us” section below and We will do Our best to answer any questions and resolve any complaints to your satisfaction. If, for whatever reason, you feel We do not meet the standards you expect of Us, you are also entitled to make a complaint to your local supervisory authority.
9. California Privacy Rights
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their Personal Data. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Right to Information
You have the right to know about how We have collected, used and shared your Personal Data during the past 12 months. Spekit collects various types of Personal Data about you during Our customer relationship. As shown below, We have collected the following categories of Personal Data from consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
|A. Identifiers.||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, or other similar identifiers.||YES|
|B. Personal Data categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. Some Personal Data included in this category may overlap with other categories.||YES|
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).||NO|
|D. Commercial information.||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||NO|
|E. Biometric information.||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.||NO|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity.||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.||YES|
|G. Geolocation data.||Physical location or movements.||YES|
|H. Sensory data.||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||NO|
|I. Professional or employment-related information.||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.||NO|
|J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.||NO|
|K. Inferences drawn from other Personal Data.||Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||NO|
Right to Access
You have the right to request that We disclose certain data to you about Our collection and use of your Personal Data over the past 12 months. Once We receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, if specified, We will disclose to you:
- The categories of Personal Data collected about you
- The categories of sources for the Personal Data collected about you
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that Personal Data
- The categories of third parties with whom We share that Personal Data
- The specific pieces of Personal Data collected about you (also called a data portability request)
If We have disclosed your Personal Data for a business purpose over the past 12 months, We will identify the categories of Personal Data shared with each category of third party recipient.
Right to Deletion
You have the right to request that We delete the Personal Data that We have collected from you. Under the CCPA, this right is subject to certain exceptions: for example, We may need to retain your Personal Data to provide you with the Services or complete a transaction or other action you have requested. If your deletion request is subject to one of these exceptions, We may deny your deletion request.
Exercising Your Rights
To exercise the rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to Us by either:
- U.S. Mail: 3301 Lawrence Street Suite #3 Denver, CO. 80205; or
- Email: email@example.com
Ensure that you provide sufficient information to allow Us to verify that you are the person about whom We have collected Personal Data (for example, providing Us your enterprise email address used to register for the Services), and (2) describe your request in sufficient detail to allow Us to understand, evaluate, and respond to it. Each request that meets both of these criteria will be considered a “Valid Request.” We may not respond to requests that do not meet these criteria. We will only use Personal Data provided in a Valid Request to verify you and complete your request.
We will work to respond to your Valid Request within 45 days of receipt. We will not charge you a fee for making a Valid Request unless your Valid Request(s) is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If We determine that your Valid Request warrants a fee, We will notify you of the fee and explain that decision before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, We will not:
- Deny you goods or services
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services
11. Children’s Privacy
The Services are not directed to persons under 13, and We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register with the Service. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information. If you believe that We may have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. Changes to this Policy
13. Contact Us
3301 Lawrence Street Suite #3
Denver, CO. 80205