HubSpot Best Practices Content Template
Implementing HubSpot? Customize this best practices template to help you build lead-capture forms, maximize value from contact records, and more! Learn how to customize this content to surface within your HubSpot instance by chatting with Spekit today!
HubSpot is an inbound marketing, sales, and CRM platform. It aids businesses in customer acquisition, engagement, and retention.
Features include the Marketing Hub for campaigns and analytics, the Sales Hub for sales process management, the Service Hub for customer support, a CRM, CMS for websites, automation, and robust analytics.
HubSpot is user-friendly and suitable for various business sizes. It emphasizes inbound marketing by creating valuable content to attract customers.
Learn how to 3x revenue growth by combining the power of Spekit and HubSpot.
2. Best Practices for Building Lead-Capture Forms
A lead-capture form is pivotal for generating prospects who access resources from your landing page.
Common when promoting ebooks, case studies, research reports, and webinars, these forms offer clear value, motivating users to exchange their information.
Seven best practices for crafting effective lead-capture forms:
|Optimal Placement||Ensure the form is above the fold on your landing page, positioned strategically for immediate visibility.|
|Length Balance||Strike a balance between shorter forms that attract more leads but vary in quality, and longer forms that yield fewer but higher-quality leads.|
|Relevant Fields||Ask essential questions that aid in contacting and qualifying leads. Consider additional questions to gauge fit and purchasing intent.|
|Button Text||Replace generic “submit” with more engaging text like “click here” or “go,” backed by A/B testing for optimal conversion rates.|
|A/B Testing||Conduct systematic A/B tests to refine design, copy, and calls-to-action individually for enhanced conversions.|
|Autoresponders||Utilize autoresponders for immediate post-submission communication, enhancing prospect engagement and relationship-building.|
3. Best Practices For Creating a Website with HubSpot CMS Hub
When creating a website using HubSpot’s CMS Hub, follow these best practices:
- Minimal Themes: Utilize fewer themes to maintain visual consistency across your site. Having one primary theme for most content ensures a positive user experience.
- Global Theme Styles: Define global theme styles first to establish stylistic consistency throughout your site. Set brand colors and fonts in the Design tab before content creation.
- Image Sizes: Opt for appropriate image sizes to enhance page appearance and loading speed. Upload images at intended dimensions for best quality, e.g., a 160px logo for a 160px placement.
- Font Limit: Keep font variety in check. Aim for a primary and potentially a secondary font that aligns with your brand. This enhances brand image and user experience.
- Templates: Configure system page and blog templates in Settings. Choose templates that match your theme for system pages and blog posts to maintain a consistent look.
- Color Picker Favorites: Make brand colors favorites in the color picker for easy access. This speeds up content creation without the need to search for colors.
Remember, these practices streamline your website creation process and enhance user engagement.
4. HubSpot Landing Page Best Practices
A landing page serves a specific purpose: converting visitors into leads through lead forms that collect contact information in exchange for valuable offers.
The question arises: why dedicate a separate page for form filling when homepages or about pages could be used?
Landing pages are tailored to eliminate distractions, capturing undivided attention and guiding visitors toward your lead form for conversions.
Having understood their significance, let’s delve into landing page best practices.
Landing page best practices:
- Craft a concise, benefit-focused headline.
- Opt for an image that illustrates the offer, conveying the feeling recipients will experience.
- Compose clear, engaging copy that guides visitors to the desired action, using “you” and “your” for engagement.
- Place the lead form above the fold for easy access.
- Use a standout call-to-action (CTA) button with contrasting color, specifying desired action.
- Offer a relevant incentive aligned with your product or service, compelling recipients to share contact information.
- Ask for necessary information based on familiarity, buyer journey, and trust levels, minimizing barriers.
- Remove competing links and navigation to maintain focus on the CTA.
- Ensure responsive design to accommodate various viewing devices.
- Optimize with relevant keywords for organic and paid search.
- Implement a thank you page, delivering the promised offer, providing additional content, and expressing gratitude.
5. HubSpot Marketing Automation Best Practices
As a marketer, you understand the value of time. Marketing automation alleviates mundane tasks, but to reap its benefits, adhering to best practices is crucial.
Nine key practices for effective marketing automation:
- Simplify marketing analysis and lead scoring to avoid complexity and streamline performance expectations.
- Map lead flows for a straightforward process, ensuring seamless conversion and revenue growth.
- Understand the buyer’s journey to tailor automation effectively for each stage of engagement.
- Develop buyer personas to target the right audience with precision.
- Craft engaging content, such as videos, webinars, and interactive posts, to stand out in the crowded digital landscape.
- Maintain email reputability by delivering valuable content and offering subscription options while cleaning your database.
- Capture leads efficiently with compelling landing pages, user-friendly forms, and single call-to-action focus.
- Ensure seamless integration between marketing automation and CRM systems for optimal efficiency.
- Create non-linear nurturing programs to cater to various buyer journey stages and provide personalized value.
These practices will enhance your marketing automation endeavors, aligning with your goals and boosting results.
You could have accessed this content directly within HubSpot
All this content (and more) is available to import and surface in your own HubSpot instance with Spekit. Give go-to-market teams the bite-sized training, documentation, and knowledge they need – where and when they need it.
6. Maximize Value from Your Contact Records in HubSpot
Each contact record not only furnishes a comprehensive history of your contact’s activities on your website but also chronicles every interaction spanning marketing, sales, and service.
FOUR recommended strategies for extracting maximum value from your contact records:
|Distinguish Between Contact and Company Records||In HubSpot CRM, differentiate between contact and company records. Even in B2B sales, your interactions primarily involve individuals, not organizations. Therefore, maintaining distinct contact records for each person you communicate with proves beneficial.|
|Establish Associations Between Contact and Company Records||HubSpot CRM typically auto-links contacts to their respective companies, except in cases where freemail addresses like Outlook or Gmail are used. Enabling these connections offers a comprehensive overview of your engagements with individuals within an organization.|
|Utilize Notes and Tasks for Internal Coordination||Harness the capabilities of notes and tasks in HubSpot CRM for internal communication purposes. These features permit you to associate information and actions with individual contacts without triggering notifications.Additionally, collaboration among team members can be facilitated through @mentions.|
|Create Individual Contact Records||When endeavoring to connect with a company, generate distinct contact records for each person you engage with. This approach ensures an exhaustive log of interactions with the organization and proves invaluable should you require further information from an individual in the future.|
SIX tips for creating custom views in the HubSpot CRM:
|Filter by Contact Owner||Refine searches using various filters. For instance, select ‘ME’ to view your owned contact records or ‘UNKNOWN’ to find unassigned ones. Apply similar filtering to Deal Owner and Company Owner.|
|Filter by Job Title||Narrow down contacts by Job Title to target the right individuals.Prioritize decision-makers for closing deals, while also exploring roles of past buyers.|
|Filter by lead status for context||For insight, employ lead status filters. Understand progression with defaults like ‘New’, ‘In Progress’, or ‘Unqualified’, and tailor them to your sales process.|
|Create views by action||Structure views based on actions, such as ‘Follow up’ or ‘Alternative connection’. This aids in tracking interactions without pressuring unready leads.|
|Create custom properties||Utilize custom properties to store specific company and audience data. These properties assist in filtering, unlike unsearchable timeline ‘notes’.|
|Use drop-downs over free text fields||Opt for dropdowns over freetext fields for custom data entry.Drop-downs enhance categorization, unlike free text fields that can result in disarray.|
7. Save Time by Using Email Templates in HubSpot
Utilizing mail merge for efficiency is commendable, yet mass-sending generic emails isn’t optimal for effective sales.
To personalize communications without exhaustive effort, HubSpot CRM offers email templates to structure sales emails, which can be tailored for individual contacts.
Use personalization tokens and static text like ‘great to speak with you’ to create personalized emails, adding unique recipient-specific details.
FIVE best practices for creating effective template-based sales email:
- Establish a clear purpose for each email.
- Craft emails with a specific recipient profile in mind.
- Opt for concise, relevant subject lines.
- Prioritize personalization.
- Monitor metrics for templated emails
Remember, every email template should include a name, subject, and body.
8. Webinar Invite Best Practices in HubSpot
After educating your prospects with industry insights, they become warm leads ready for meaningful discussions with your sales team.
However, the success of webinars hinges on content and execution, affecting lead quality. Misaligned content risks deterring prospects, while boring or lengthy webinars may lose them prematurely.
Top practices for inviting and hosting webinars:
- Condense your value proposition into a sentence.
- Compose a value-focused subject line.
|✅ Here are some good examples||❌ Here are some so-so webinar subject lines you should avoid using|
|[Webinar] Grow Your Brand 3X with This Proven Method by [Industry Leader]||You’re Invited to a Can’t-Miss Customer Service Webinar|
|[Webinar] Learn How to Close More Deals with [Industry Leader]||Come to Our Marketing Webinar on February 15|
|[Webinar] Want Your Company to Become the Next Apple?||Don’t Miss Our Next Webinar About Social Media Strategies|
- Use an engaging banner image with a call-to-action.
- Incorporate a clear header outlining event value.
|✅ Here are some good examples||❌ Here are some so-so examples|
|Webinar: Learn How to Boost Sales with 5 Simple Tricks||Join Our SEO Webinar on May 15th|
|Want to Double Your Organic Traffic? Find Out How in This Webinar||Sales Training Seminar by [Company]|
|These Proven Strategies Will Triple Your Conversion Rates||Leadership Innovation Summit with [Industry Leader]|
- Provide a brief event description addressing challenges and insights.
|✅ Here is a good example||❌ Here is a so-so example|
|Creating an outstanding customer journey is a challenge felt by many marketing, sales, and customer service teams. A great experience is always the end goal, but the path to success isn’t always clear. On March 2nd, join CX Spotlight and learn how to better market, sell, and service your audience. This example is great because it tells attendees, in no uncertain terms, the insights they’ll walk away with.||Come to our exclusive webinar on February 5th, where we discuss everything in the industry, including email marketing, SEO, and social media. Your host, XYZ, is an industry veteran with 20 years of experience. The presentation will cover key topics and trends happening in marketing today. Don’t miss it. This is a poor example because of three reasons: It’s too generalIt doesn’t identify a challenge or a goal (such as growing organic traffic or creating a great customer experience)It doesn’t tell attendees the skills they’ll gain from the event.|
- List bullet points detailing learning outcomes.
- Conclude with a compelling call-to-action button. Consider using the following phrases:
- Save your seat
- Register now
- Register today
- Claim your spot
For successful webinars, combining strategic invites with expert hosting is key.
9. HubSpot Webinar / Webcast Best Practices
Hosting a successful webinar offers a high ROI. By implementing our recommended strategies, your event can boost lead generation, enhance brand authority, and increase revenue.
|Optimal Length||Plan a 60-minute duration. Research shows this timeframe is effective, with an average viewing time of 56 minutes (ON24).|
|Timing Matters||Opt for Wednesdays or Thursdays at 10 AM or 11 AM. These days and times maximize engagement and attendance (ON24, GoToWebinar).|
|Reminder Emails||Send two reminders – one day before and one hour before. Your platform should automate these notifications for registrants.|
|Test with a Colleague||Two days before, have a teammate check the event link’s functionality and interaction options.|
|Q&A Approach||Inform the audience how you’ll handle questions, suggesting a 15-minute Q&A segment at the end.|
|Smooth Demos||Avoid rapid screen changes during software demos to ensure visibility.|
|Structured Conclusion||Aim for a clear wrap-up around 50 to 55 minutes, allowing extra time if needed beyond the scheduled end.|
|Tidy Workspace||Close unnecessary apps and consider a separate desktop for the webinar to prevent disruptions.|
|Punctuality||Begin 2 minutes past the hour, balancing callers’ needs with punctuality.|
|Early Entry||Join the webinar room at least 15 minutes early to troubleshoot and prepare.|
|Pre-Webinar Elements||Display introductory slides showcasing you, your company, and relevant links.|
|Post-Webinar||Distribute recording and slides within 24 hours, including a clear call-to-action.|
10. HubSpot Website Design Best Practices
Regarding website design, it’s easy to focus solely on aesthetics.
However, in a world with over 1.8 billion websites, yours needs more than just a pretty face. It should be designed for usability and user experience.
Best practices to ensure your website stands out:
|Choose readable and skimmable typography||Typography affects how we read and feel about contentIt should be easy to read, skim, accessible, and legible across devices, matching your brand’s look|
|Opt for a color scheme that aligns with your brand||Colors influence user understanding, interaction, and emotionsYour scheme should reinforce brand identity and ease of reading|
|Utilize whitespace to enhance user focus||Whitespace breaks up content, preventing overload and emphasizing important elementsIt aids clarity and guides users to key actions|
|Incorporate texture for depth and personality||Textures add tactile depth to your site, enhancing its visual appeal and making it more engagingChoose textures that align with your brand’s message|
|Integrate images for engagement and information||Balancing text with visuals boosts content’s informativeness, engagement, and memorabilityImages help users process information more effectively|
|Simplify navigation for user ease||Navigation impacts how visitors explore your siteKeep it straightforward with horizontal bars or dropdown menus to ensure quick access to key pages|
|Make CTAs (Call to Actions) stand out||CTAs prompt users to take specific actionsDesign them with contrasting colors, eye-catching elements, and compelling text to encourage interaction|
|Prioritize mobile optimization||Given the prevalence of mobile users, ensure your site is responsive and mobile-friendly, delivering a seamless experience across devices|
|Limit user choices||Following Hick’s Law, reduce the number of options presented to users to streamline decision-making and prevent overwhelm, improving user experience|